Browse useful Dart & Flutter packages that are neatly categorized!
Monthly Report #1 - Top Dart & Flutter Packages in October, 2022
This Flutter Gems report presents a list of packages that gained significant user traction in October, 2022. The purpose of this report is to help Flutter Developers gain some insights into the current state of Flutter ecosystem in regards to package adoption. It can also help you discover new packages that are gaining popularity and user acceptance not just on pub.dev, but also on GitHub or any other cloud VCS.
Top performing Dart 🎯 & Flutter 💙 packages in October, 2022 have been categorized into:
- Rising Stars 🌟 - Top packages with their first release in October, 2022 or in the previous month.
- Going Strong 💪 - Top packages built by the community.
- Google Leaderboard 🙌 - Top packages built by Flutter, Dart, Firebase or any other Google team.
- Give them all a Medal 🥇 - Longest maintained packages by the community.
Rising Stars 🌟
Top Dart and Flutter packages in October, 2022 that saw their first release in the last two months, along with their corresponding functional category.
Going Strong 💪
Dart and Flutter packages that gained major traction (user likes & stars) in October, 2022. The below list does not include any package published by Flutter, Dart, Firebase or any other Google team (see separate list below).
Google Leaderboard 🙌
Top performing Dart and Flutter packages developed by the Google team (Firebase, Flutter, Dart, etc.) in October, 2022.
|#||Package Name||Category||Likes 👍 in October, 2022|
|1||shared_preferences||Persistent NoSQL Datastore||135|
|3||url_launcher||Sharing & Intent||120|
|4||animations||Animation & Transition||108|
|6||firebase_messaging||Messaging & Push Notification||67|
|7||path_provider||File, Folder & Path Utilities||90|
|8||http||HTTP Client & Utilities||130|
|9||firebase_auth||Authentication Providers & UI||57|
|11||cloud_firestore||Cloud Storage & Cloud Database||50|
|12||google_maps_flutter||Geolocation & Maps||75|
Give them all a Medal 🥇
Dart packages by the community that had the longest maintenance streak until October, 2022.
|#||Package Name||Category||First Release||Last Updated||Streak 🏃♂️ (in days)|
|1||xml||XML, JSON & Interchange Formats||25 Sep 2012||23 Oct 2022||3680|
|2||mongo_dart||Database Adapters & Connectors||12 Oct 2012||30 Oct 2022||3669|
|3||petitparser||Parsing & Other Text Utilities||23 Oct 2012||23 Oct 2022||3651|
|4||decimal||Math Utilities||20 Jan 2013||07 Sep 2022||3516|
|5||google_maps||Geolocation & Maps||29 Oct 2012||10 Jun 2022||3510|
|6||uuid||Cryptography, Security & Permissions||18 Oct 2012||19 Feb 2022||3411|
|7||mailer||HTTP Client & Utilities||04 May 2013||02 Jul 2022||3346|
|8||archive||Compressed Files||31 Dec 2013||16 Oct 2022||3211|
|9||image||Image||11 Jan 2014||16 Oct 2022||3200|
|10||math_expressions||Math Utilities||04 Oct 2013||30 May 2022||3159|
|11||github||API||30 Jul 2014||01 Nov 2022||3015|
|12||sembast||Persistent NoSQL Datastore||17 Dec 2014||11 Oct 2022||2854|
|13||dartx||Dart Extension & Enhancement||03 Jul 2014||12 Apr 2022||2840|
|14||timeago||Date & Time Utilities||26 Apr 2015||11 Aug 2022||2664|
|15||reflectable||Dart Extension & Enhancement||28 Jul 2015||02 Nov 2022||2654|
|16||csv||CSV, Excel, ODS & Sheets||05 Oct 2014||18 Nov 2021||2601|
Package Eligibility Criteria
All packages that were analysed for this report met the following eligibility criteria as on October, 2022:
- At least one release in the last 365 days (1yr). Pre-release is not included.
- A valid repository link on pub.dev.
- [Only for Rising Stars] First release either in the current report month or the previous month. A pre-release can be available prior to this period.
How do we count stars for packages that reside in a mono-repo?
- If two or more packages reside in a single mono-repo comprising only Dart and Flutter packages (see flutter/plugins), the effective star growth count of a package is computed by multiplying the total star count increase and the ratio of its pub.dev page likes to the maximum likes a package belonging to the same repo received on pub.dev by the end of the month.
For example, let us say package1, package2 and package3 belong to the same repo which saw an increase of 20 stars in a report month. If by the end of the month, likes of the 3 packages are 2, 4 and 10 respectively, then the effective star growth of package1 is 20*2/10 = 4, for package2 it is 20*4/10 = 8 and for package3 it is 20*10/10 = 20.
- If a package belongs to a mono-repo of a much larger project then any increase in repo stars cannot be effectively attributed to the package, so for such packages the star count increase is set as 0.